Thursday, November 02, 2006

CHISMOSAS Heard....

On forgetting nicknames, but not real names:

Hey, Romina!
Hoy, Henrietta! Nobody calls me Romina anymore!

Hi, Valerie, ay, Riena na pala!


On not recognizing some classmates:


Classmate#1: Sino yan, classmate ba natin yan?
Classmate#2: Hindeh! Nakikisayaw lang siya sa atin!
___________________

Classmate#3: Wow, ang ganda niya! Nagpa-ayos ba siya?
Classmate#4: Dati na siyang maganda, hindi mo lang siya kinakausap noon eh!
(as if one could only be maganda if one had work done!)


On the oppressive Manila heat:

Classmate#1: Are you okay? How are you holding up in the heat?
Classmate#2: I feel like may basang twalya na mainit sa mukha ko!

On donning the Assumption uniform once again:

Classmate#1: Do you have socks na, for the Assumption uniform? Here, have some, I found them in Divisoria, 40 pesos a dozen!
Classmate#2: Now I feel bad. I bought mine on sale, akala ko mura na, three for $12.00!
Classmate#3: O here, take another one, para four for $12.00 na yung socks mo!

Speaking to the custorera who sewed the uniforms of a few people (she just finished making the uniforms of Maripi Jalandoni and Vina Francisco {HS82})

Classmate#1: Aling Dolly, kailangang gumawa kayo ng bagong blouse, masyadong maiksi itong huling ginawa niyo. Mali kasi yung sukat na pinadala sa akin ng kaibigan ko.
Aling Dolly: Ay, Ma’m, akala ko pa naman, wow, pandak lahat ng kaibigan ninyo!

On other things: (Antukin is the line of Isa Velayo, Telly's sister)

Classmate#1: I love these nightgowns, Antukin, my daughters and I are big fans.
Classmate#2: Ay, I know those, white, all cotton? But my husband says bakit hindi sila see-through?
Classmate#3: De hindi na puedeng Antukin yung pangalan noon!

Speaking to the janitorial service who REFUSED to accept the job of cleaning the Assumption chapel, commenting on the dire condition of the walls:

Jefe de Janitors: Mabuti pa Ma'm yung panchon (headstone) sa cementerio, once a year nakakatikim sila ng kalburo (whitewash)

On demonstrating the hip-hop steps to latecomers:
Classmate#1: Think of this move as "lift the barbell, lift the barbell"

Naughtier Classmate, conducting another tutorial on the other side of the room:
Think of this move as "lift the skirt, lift the skirt!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home